Newcastle Activities & Attractions
Newcastle Terraces & Apartments
Newcastle offer small group tours of Newcastle and
Surrounds. Authentic travel experiences with a local guide.
- We especially recommend cafe 23Hundred Espresso on nearby Scott St for
early coffee and breakfast or lunch.
- Also the new pizzeria Napoli Centrale on King St for authentic
Neapolitan pizza & ambience. Babies and children very welcome
at any hour.
- Our famous beaches and iconic Art Deco ocean baths are right
on our door step.
- Walk the Bathers Way or cycle the Honeysuckle precinct, past
the Cruising Yacht Club, over the Carrington bridge, or keep
going along Throsby Creek.
- Head out to one of our many cafes, restaurants or small bars
where all flavours of the world are on offer. Everything from
Spanish Tapas, German Cocktail Bars, Craft Beer Cafes, authentic
Italian Pizza and Mexican at Casa De Loco. There is Japanese,
Ethiopian, Persian, fine dining and award winning – so many
- Check out our museums, the headland lookouts, Fort Scratchley,
or have a picnic in the Foreshore Park or King Edward Park.
- Markets in abundance – Hunt & Gather, The Olive
Tree, the Farmers Market – organic delights to savour and
hand made original gifts.
- Walk out to Nobbys Lighthouse or hire a bike and explore the
pathways around our working port. Checkout the ships and watch
the tug boats bring them in.
- In as little as 40 mins driving time you can get to Pokolbin
or Broke and our world renown Hunter Valley Vineyards .Take the
newly completed Hunter Expressway and in no time you will be
sampling some of the finest wines and cheeses in Australia. Have
a long leisurely lunch in of of the many award winning
restaurants and spend some time strolling through the Hunter
- Visit Lake Macquarie and the Watagan Mountains to the south,
or our huge sand dunes and Port Stephens to the north. Then come
home to supplies from FoodWorks mini-supermarket around the
corner to cook for yourself or stroll out to our many nearby